Thursday, March 18, 2010

Quiet but productive week


Not a whole lot happening this week. Lots of flowers blooming since Spring has sprung. The magnolia tree is about finished and the Texas Mt. Laurel with its grape bubble gum smelling flowers is in full bloom. Blue Bonnets are blooming as well. Gorgeous. Louisiana Iris are next with the Indian Hawthorn. Am taking a ton of photos. Most of them are posted on my facebook page.

Gardening in the sun is probably my highlight. Planted out my herb garden with Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme.. hmmm sounds like a song, if you are old enough to remember it. :)

Also planted dill, fennel, basil, Russian tarragon, and a few hot peppers. I grow and dry the hot peppers then grind them into powder and use in Mexican food dishes and as a counter irritant in hot tea for sore throats. Along with a little ginger to cool the heat.

Tomorrow I go in for the third cervical injection series but have to admit its not changed a thing so far. My hands are still numb and hurting. I might have better mobility in my neck though. I sure hope the lumbar stuff is more effective. This is a tough way to live.

Exercise wise I have walked consistently day after day for 30 minutes at a time. Seems that is as long as I can go, but my speed is increasing and I cover a few more tenths of miles each week. This is some kind of pokey progress, but it keeps the blood flowing and fluids moving and attitude good. I sleep pretty well now.

No comments:

Post a Comment