Tuesday, January 12, 2010

An easier round of IViG?

Well, I crashed and burned about 4 days before this current round of treatment. My good energy just petered out leaving me depressed and restless on the recliner. Its amazing how fast the stuff rejuvenates me. After one day, I walked 25 minutes and sleep like a baby.

Today, the second day, I felt a little depleted after the infusion, but I did not go as well hydrated or a full as yesterday. I did take short nap when I got home that did wonders refreshing me. I walked farther today than I have in almost 18 months! 35 minutes and over a mile and didn't even come unglued when I got home. Must be a great batch of IViG.

Tomorrow is the last day thank goodness and let's keep fingers crossed I can maintain my energy and avoid the IViG flu. Since I am getting a higher dose each day, I kind of expected to be much more wiped out than I am. Maybe I will avoid the crash altogether!

Caity and Dennis head out for London on thursday about noon to make a 4 PM flight. My sister in law will stay with me and my mother in law will be around as well as my best friend, Deb. While the cats away.... let's hope we can get the bedroom shades made. Its getting lighter in the mornings and harder to stay asleep.

I have pretty much weaned off the baclofen, finding I really don't benefit from it much at all, but then I didn't take much of a dose at all. Just another brain wipe drug. Sigh. Way over medicated but now feel better with just my morning 2.5 mg Valium and 2.5 mg Elavil at night. 5 HTP helps me sleep and I believe my fibromyalgia is better so the thyroid must be better too!

Am going to change the IViG to 2 day twice a month. All my infusion buddies swear thats the best way to do it to keep energy up and IViG flu down. :) Thanks goodness I am such a light weight I can run it in 2.5 hours. It will be about 2 hours when I change 2 twice a month. Yay!

Now if that danged cardinal will just shut up and quit pecking the window with his beak at daybreak. Sleep is what I need most.

No comments:

Post a Comment