Sunday, January 24, 2010

Ampyra-Fampridine SR - Finally approved!

I cannot wait! This drug, originating as a bird poison in Russia(?) has finally been approved by the FDA.

The majority of persons taking its precursor, 4-AP, have had almost wondrous improvements in spasticity, walking speed, pain, heat intolerance, and fatigue. I cannot wait. I don't care how much it costs, or if my insurance will help with it, but for less spasticity and stiffness, I am all for it. I will take a second on my house, sell my motorcycle (not really) and option my second born child (Only have one and she is not for sale) to get this drug. This gives me more hope than I have had in a long long time. Well only 20 months but it seems like forever.

Bring it on! Ampyra. Be the answer to my pain and stiffness!

No comments:

Post a Comment