Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Ampyra


Well, finally after a month, I finally got the drug, Ampyra. I started taking it on May 5, so its been one week. One week of ups and downs and finally a major down. I am really disappointed and sad that I am having such miserable side effects and that its really making me feel worse than before.

It does help me walk a bit better, but makes all my nerves burn like they are on fire and makes the spasticity worse. I seem to have a good day then a rotten day then a good one then rotten. Today, if you haven't guessed is awful. I cannot get off the recliner and am very discouraged.

Plus the AC died over the weekend so its hot and stuffy but tolerable with numerous fans in the living room which we move to the bedroom at night. I haven't slept well the last week either. The nerve pain wakes me up at 2 or 3 in the morning and I don't sleep well after that. Probably why I am so tired and sad.

So much is happening in the family right now and it makes me so sad to miss the fun because I can hardly move. Prom is this weekend, Graduation next weekend with family coming in to join the celebration. And I cannot do anything to get ready. Physically I am going down hill and hating it.

Just found out my PA at the Neurologist office has left. She was my rock. The other PA left about a month or 6 weeks ago and I loved her too. Now what? I am scared I have no Neurology support and that is unnerving.

My hands hurt. I have to go before they seize up totally. But the magnolias are in bloom!

No comments:

Post a Comment